South East England, England
about 1 month ago
Field Service Engineer
South East England
Willing to travel
Must have a valid driving licence
The successful candidate will be based in South East England ideally with access to one of the major airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton or London City).
Covering UK, Ireland and Occasionally Scandinavia
Excellent all round Mechanical and Electrical Skills
Large Porous Load Autoclave and/or Water Treatment Knowledge ideal but not essential
Excellent customer-facing skills
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Flexible to travel and work away from home
Full UK Passport
Full UK Passport or relevant travel documents to allow travel around Europe
* Negotiable depending on experience
* Lunch allowance
* Overnight stay allowance
* Expensed travel (guided by company policy)
* Overtime at 1.5x (for weekly hours above 45 inclusive of the door to door travel)
* Company van including personal use
* Company Pension Scheme
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Discretionary performance bonus
* Mobile phone
* Tools & uniform
* 25 days holiday per annum (3-4 to be taken during annual Christmas shutdown)
1st stage - Telephone interview
2n stage - face to face
Field Operations Engineer
Reporting to the Service Manager the Field Operations Engineer will perform the following duties
- Provide preventative maintenance, calibration and technical support, to a standard consistent with the high quality of the equipment and services supply and with the reasonable expectations of the customers.
- Undertake fault finding/ rectification assignments as delegated by the Field Operations Management Team
- Creating, preparing and managing servicing and calibration documentation as delegated by the Field Operations Management Team
- Managing specific service spares
- Role-specific administration such as reporting, expenses, and timesheets
- Proper management of equipment, including test equipment, computer equipment etc..
- Support the training of other Field Operations Engineers
- Provide FAT support as required.
- Additional administrative duties as delegated by the Field Operations Management Team, including but not limited to, protocol review, document creation as per QMS.
- Adhering to policies and procedures at all times
- There is a requirement to travel to customer sites throughout the UK, Ireland and occasionally Scandinavia
After training and six months' probation it is expected that the Field Operations Engineer will be able to;
- Provide installation, commissioning and IQ/OQ support for new equipment and special projects.
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Design Qualification (DQ) participation
- Provide professional and competent thermal validation services to our customers.
- Provide technical site support for special projects and major technical interventions.
- Providing technical cover for the Technical Help Desk.
In general, the Field Operations Engineer is expected to;
- Provide a positive contribution to the business as a whole. This may involve technical contributions to other colleagues, other departments, or being a proactive team member.
- Demonstrate ambition to develop
- Be a team player, use initiative and be respectful of others
- A flexible approach to working hours is expected. From time to time there is an expectation of reasonable 'late working' in order to complete a site activity that does not qualify as overtime, but more to complete the task at hand to meet our customers schedule.