Richmond upon Thames, London
£50000 - £52000 per annum
11 months ago
Front End Web Developer
Salary: £50,000 (10% bonus)
Remote working: 1 day a week on site
HOW YOU WILL MEET THE CHALLENGE
Working within a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team, culture is very important to us. You will be passionate and have expert knowledge in software development practices and principles. Will have gained sufficient experience to be able to influence at all levels in a cross-functional delivery teams.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components.
- Successfully complete coding assignments within agreed timescales.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices and code reviews.
- Operate collaboratively within a busy team, communicating progress and issues to team members and key stakeholders, including designers, UX, product teams, and other engineering teams.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
THE TECHNICAL SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, SOLID).
Knowledge of front-end development technologies: Mobile-first, Responsive/Adaptive design, CMS pre-processors, BEM, SMACSS, templating
- Experience developing in at least some of the following: Adobe AEM 6.x platform, tag management, Google/Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target
- Experience in test-driven development: Pair Programming, TDD & BDD, using the following or similar: Selenium, Mocha, BrowserStack, WebPageTest, Lighthouse, Gatling.
- Experience of APIs: REST, GraphQL
- Knowledge of web security concerns: OWASP Top 10, penetration testing
- Experience in CI/CD: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Maven/Proget, green/blue deployment, canary releases
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive benefits package
- Great learning and development opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days extra over the Christmas holiday (not to be taken from your annual leave entitlement)
- Private Medical
- Health Screening
- Long Service awards
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Save as you earn scheme
- Recruitment introduction awards (referral scheme)
- Gym discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount Programmes
- Give as you earn scheme