almost 2 years ago
GES Software Engineer - Consultant
Cheltenham, Ipswich or London
Perm Full time (will consider contract if you have the required clearance)
Clearance: You will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with an HMG Clearance
Joining a team of world class engineers, you'll be working on a huge range of software engineering projects. They're pretty varied and cover everything from malware analysis to high-speed packet processing. And most of our unique products push the boundaries of existing technology, so you can rest assure that you'll always be at the forefront of the industry.
- Develop and deliver completely bespoke solutions, from inception right through to production
- Design, develop, test, deploy and continually improve our software to keep us ahead of the cyber-criminals
- Writing software on (at least) a weekly basis
- We work across a number of different technologies, but we don't expect you to be an expert in everything - that's what the team are here for and we'll support you learning additional skills too. However, you would need to be a hands on practitioner in at least one of the technology areas we work in. These include:
- The latest security measures and countermeasures
- Bespoke network design
- Cyber security processing systems
- Cloud services
- Design, integration, testing and support of world leading big data platforms
- Building security applications for desktop and mobile platforms.
We'll also need to see these on your CV:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study
- Experience working to multiple deadlines
- Cloud platforms and container technologies; AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Security.
- Software lifecycle, issue management and version control technologies and practices; e.g. Git (using Git Flow), Bitbucket, JIRA, Scrum/Kanban.