about 2 years ago
Import/Export Control Officer (Contract)
A leading aerospace and defence organisation are looking to recruit a Import/Export Control Officer. You will be responsible to perform import and export clearances under the direction of Import/Export Controllers or the site Trade Compliance lead. Ensure that the internal import/export business transactions are conducted in accordance with company process and procedures, including the use of relevant company toolsets. Compile data and reports in support of various regulatory requirements as directed by the Trade Compliance lead and submit to appointed team members.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide import clearance instructions to freight agents in an efficient and timely manner to enable prompt customs clearance and delivery of goods to the business.
- Provide instructions to Projects to ensure correct processing of imported goods which are subject to Special Procedures in accordance with the terms of the relevant HMRC Customs authorisation.
- Process internal reports and ensure record keeping is completed to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Provide export clearance instructions and/or submit export declaration entry requests under the direction of senior department members or the Trade Compliance lead.
- Process internal reports and ensure record keeping is completed to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Provide the business with accurate export documentation in an efficient and timely manner, by processing export requests and assigning appropriate customs procedures and Export licences within the relevant Business Systems.
- Provide export clearance documentation and instructions to the relevant Departments (e.g. Project, M&SC, Dispatch, Finance) to enable prompt customs clearance and delivery of goods to the customer.
- Ensure record keeping is in accordance with company procedures to comply with UK Department for International Trade (DIT) export licence conditions and HMRC regulations.
An analytical mind-set and attention to detail are essential for this role as data accuracy is essential.
Awareness of the importance of trade compliance and governance issues is essential
Awareness of the company products and internal processes would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have good proven personal and interpersonal, organisational, time management and planning skills, as well as the ability to work within a multi-functional team. The ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate good problem solving, negotiating and mediation skills is essential, as are the drive and determination to achieve targets.
A good all round computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications is essential.
Awareness of and general familiarity with SAP would be beneficial.
If you interested in this position, please 'APPLY NOW'