Integration Engineer - Remote - Outside IR35
£500 - £550 per day
6 months ago
Application Integration Engineer
16 Month Contract
£500 - £550 per day
The Application Integration Engineering Service will support the technical team installing, configuring and updating MoD Functional Application Services (FAS) and Business Layer servers and software components within the NSoIT(D) solution and development environment. The target environments are heavily virtualised. This work will also entail working with other teams to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
Installation, configuration, maintenance, administration, and support of the full range of MoD FAS and Business layer Applications servers and related infrastructure, including in a virtualised environment.
Configuration of enterprise products including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, PKI, Linux based OSs and relevant proxies in support of Application Integration
Testing or evaluating new technologies and services for implementation.
Troubleshooting and solving system and network problems related to Windows and Linux servers.
Working with project Problem Manager to raise and progress incidents.
Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
Production and review of High, Intermediate, Low and Detailed Level design artefacts.
Attend meetings with external stakeholders, application vendors and SMEs
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
Significant experience in the installation, configuration, maintenance, administration and support of UK MoD and NATO FAS, including in a virtualised environment.
Several years' experience in the:
Design, configuration and administration of enterprise services.
Design, implementation and administration of NATO FAS.
Design, implementation and administration of UK MoD Business Layer services.
- Administering and monitoring a virtual server infrastructure.
- Configuring interface devices such as Moxa terminal server and specific Maritime and Land deployed information exchange gateways.
- MS Windows client configuration and support including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Integrated application servers in to a secure / hardened environment working to Microsoft and CIS hardening baselines.
- Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
- Writing and analysing technical requirements.
- Conducting product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
- Working as part of a large technical team.
- The ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- A firm grasp of service management tooling and ITIL.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
- Hold a current SC clearance and be prepared to undergo DV clearance.
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerly ISS).
- Delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- VMWare setup and configuration
- Delivery in Agile (SAFE4) and Waterfall projects
The Atlassian toolset (JIRA and Confluence) to record and document work.
A Computer Science university-based education at Bachelors or Masters level.