£70000 - £95000 per annum + Pension + Benefits
7 months ago
IT Tech Lead Architect
Perm full time (Mon- Fri)
Salary: £70,000-£95,000 DOE + Pension and Benefits
Based in Hatfield
I am currently seeking a TechLead for our client based in Hatfield to be the guardian of the IT architecture (data, apps, infrastructure) predominately procured as fully managed services.
You will be:
- Accountable for maintaining IT architecture and participate in design initiatives where required.
- Oversee and manage the requests coming into change IT architecture (aligning to IT strategy, architecture best practice, upholding security & compliance standards)
- Cost effectively evolve IT architecture to optimise and to make it future proof.
- Collaborate with 3rd Party Suppliers, Digital Team, Business Intelligence Team, Security, IT Service and
- Project Managers to ensure the optimal enterprise-wide solution designs are created and maintained
- Establish Architecture Review Board and ensure it is followed.
- Provide overall leadership and technical depth to the Architecture Team.
- Provide input to IT Strategy.
- Produce, manage and keep up to date all IT designs, architecture, policy and specification documentation.
- Represent Architecture at the Change Advisory Board
- Oversee proactive lifecycle management of IT Landscape.
- Provide technical solution designs by taking into consideration business requirements, industry best practices, models, frameworks and security/compliance.
- Assuming technical responsibility for IT standards, policy and design for all major projects or major application areas, assisting with the impact assessment and evaluation of new IT design/solution options.
- Produce architecture roadmaps that demonstrate the transition from the 'as is' to the target 'to be' state including the major activities, changes and milestones for projects/changes/proposals.
- Working with IT Service Team and review IT incidents/monitoring alerts/requirements to identifying trends that impact IT service standards and to create improvement plans
- Refine/Validate & Propose design enhancements to IT infrastructure, capacity changes, continuity, backup and recovery arrangements, as required whilst being aware of operational requirements, especially in terms of service levels, availability, response times, security and repair times
- Create and update methods and metrics to support the continual improvement of all IT services and processes
- Defining end-to-end architectures (enterprise thinking) including business, information, application and technical views
- Interface with design authorities and service providers to ensure that all IT services are designed to meet resilient, secure, compliant and optimum standards that will also deliver agreed service levels and targets
- Accountable for the definition, assurance and governance of 3rd party solutions
- Responsible for ensuring 3rd party solutions provide clear design definitions and processes for managing change
- Work closely with Digital Architecture team and Information Security Officer in order to support digital architecture demands whilst maintaining the integrity and security of IT landscape
- Accountable for approving data and apps architecture -
- Manage the architecture works pipeline closely liaising with Project Managers / Service Manager
- Solution definition on IT projects with responsibilities for defining complex technical requirements and evaluating the 3rd party responses as well as final selection
- Skills and qualifications required:
- Ideally a Degree in Computer Science or a technology-related field
- Technology skills: Networking/SD-WAN, Azure/AWS, SOAP/REST API, Web platforms, Win10, Linux, SQL, Service BUS, SOA
- Experienced in applying commercial judgement to ensure recommendations are in line with budgets.
- Knowledge of diverse business systems and technologies
- Comfortable with documenting and communicating the model used to understand the enterprise, system, application, and network through a series of viewpoints.
- Adept at working collaboratively both within the IT function and across the broader
- Architecture frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, Zachman Framework
- Range of technical specialities including - infrastructure, integrations, cloud, applications and data.
- Leadership skills and communication skills