£24000 - £28000 per annum + overtime, pension, company car
4 months ago
Apprentice/Junior Field Service Engineer
£24,000 - £28,000 + excellent benefits!
Covering London and the Northern Home Counties
A new, exciting role for a Junior Field Service Engineer is now available with one of the largest manufacturers and providers of medical sterilisation and decontamination services in the UK.
A global, industry-leading organisation who manufacture specialist medical sterilisation equipment, such as autoclaves, washer disinfectors and endoscope re-processors. As an OEM (own equipment manufacturer) with a support next work of experienced, skilled engineers UK wide, they are best placed to offer second to none training.
Once fully trained, this organisation also offers progression in the form of further skill development, salary reviews and promotions into more senior roles!
The successful Field Service Engineer will be travelling regularly into London whilst also covering the northern ring of the M25, e.g. the northern Home Counties such as Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex etc.
As the Service Engineer, you begin your career in the weekly testing, maintenance and repair of laboratory washer disinfectors, with a view to be further developed and progress into work on autoclaves and endoscope washers in the long run.
These laboratory washers are electrically and electronically biased with some mechanical elements. It is important that you have a good basic understanding of electrical, electro-mechanic or electronic engineering.
Full training is provided, so applicants with no experience in field-based engineering are welcome, however some driving experience in previous roles is desirable. It would be beneficial to be in or to have recently completed an electrical, electro-mechanical or electronic apprenticeship. Applicants with different or no qualifications will also be considered if they have at least 6 months experience in an electrically, electro-mechanically or electronically biased engineering role.
This role is a 45hr working week (including travel), Monday to Friday (however this is currently under review and so flexibility on this will be required).
Experience required - Field Service Engineer
- Electrical, electro-mechanic or electronic (or related) apprenticeship OR an alternative qualification/no qualification with 6 months - 5 years or less practical electrical, electro-mechanical or electronic engineering experience.
- Confident in being customer facing with good communication skills
- Full UK driving licence (any experience driving as part of a job would be beneficial)
- An interest in working within the medical field
- Salary - £25,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
- Company car (hybrid or electric)
- Overtime paid at time and a half (Mon-Fri)
- Saturday hourly rate - £28/hour. Sunday hourly rate - £30/ hour (weekend work is optional)
- Discretionary Bonus. Based on company performance at 4%, paid annually.
- Phone - iPhone, PDA, Laptop - HP
- Personal Pension Scheme, (6% Employer Min 3% employee)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Tax free daily lunch allowance - £4/day.
- 25 days' holiday + bank
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation invested in the development and growth of their employees and possible gain exposure to an ever growing, stable, medical industry!
What happens next?
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application. Should your CV be of interest a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 5 working days.