5 months ago
Lead Network Architect - SC Cleared
6 Month contract
Role for a principle/lead software/solutions developer to work within a development team, supporting, exploiting and delivering solutions on a search based platform. The current solutions are based on .Net Framework 3.5, Apache Solr and Manifold backend. The solution is currently developed and deployed within a Windows environment.
The candidate would provide 4th line support to the live solutions as well as building new and enhancing existing functionality, working as part of the development team within the wider programme. The team are regularly involved in wider initiatives and as such are also often tasked to build prototypes, facilitate demonstrations and help further our technical roadmap, involving investigative work into a range of new technologies on the way.
An analytical mind to convert user requirements into system designs and solve complex software integration problems on the fly, will be required. This role reports works autonomously but supports the Application Architect on the Project.
* The entire end to end development, extension and support of the Search solution, working under own direction and supporting others while ensuring work conforms to standards set by the Application Architect.
* The entire end to end development, extension and support of a Search solution, working under own direction and supporting others.
* The entire end to end development, extension and support of other small to medium size solutions working under own direction and supporting others.
* Providing 4th line support to live (and potentially other) environments, on new and existing solutions, as an SME for the entire solution.
* Driving stakeholder demonstrations and development of prototypes to support these.
* Developing, updating and maintaining design, requirements and support artefacts, models and documentation, as required.
* Providing input into change proposals and new business, working with customers and lead Architects to capture new and emerging requirements.
* Supporting the team to keep up to date with new technologies and sharing trends with the wider development team. Driving the project and business unit's strategy and technology choices.
Key Performance Indicators
* Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
* Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
* Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
* Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to understand their business strategy.
* Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
* Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and business representatives.
* Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.