£50 - £55 per hour
17 days ago
Lead Security Engineer
- Product Security; Cyber Security; SOC; Security Risk; Implementation
- £55ph, Inside IR35, Initial 6 months
- Luton (10% remote)
- Sole British nationality required (UK eyes only)
- SC/DV clearance ideal but not essential
- NCSC; CPNI; NIST; JSP440; JSP604; HMG IS1&2; ISO27000
We are seeking to recruit an experienced security engineer with expertise in developing and maintaining product security management systems for defence and government customers.
This position will report to the Head of Product Security and will take responsibility for all security aspects of product design, development, verification and maintenance through all phases of the product lifecycle. The role will focus on undertaking security risk assessments for products, preparing security risk mitigation plans, deriving security requirements and working with product development teams to design, implement and maintain appropriate security controls.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Production of Security Managements Plans, work package descriptions and cost estimates in support of product bids, services and proposals.
- Undertaking security risk assessments, risk mitigation plans, mitigation gap analysis and preparation of security management documentation for system Accreditation.
- Defining product security requirements, advising development teams on suitable implementation standards and techniques and overseeing product development activities.
- Liaison with Security Accreditors and Security Assurance Coordinators in support of security accreditation.
- Preparation of Protection Profiles, Security Targets and Evaluation Management Plans, and liaison with NCSC and commercial evaluation teams in support of evaluation activities.
- Preparation of TEMPEST Control Plans, advising development teams on appropriate implementation techniques and liaising with TEMPEST test facilities.
- Advising development teams on suitable platform lockdown and configurations, and supporting Penetration test activities. Analysing penetration test results and preparation of remedial action plans.
- Prepare and implement through life support and maintenance for product security including vulnerability and patch management plans
- Lead security incident management teams during incident/crisis situations in conjunction with Head of Product Security
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Experience in the development of security solutions for a military &/or commercial products and systems.
- Registered NCSC certified professional at senior level or above, or NCSC recognised qualification, e.g. ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional.
- Knowledge of UK/NATO Information Assurance standards, procedures & systems, including Government Functional Standard GovS 007: Security, HMG IS1&2, ISO27000 series standards, NIST SP800 series standards, JSP440, JSP604, guidance material provided by NCSC, CPNI and NIST.
- Practical experience of producing Security Accreditation documentation
- Practical experience of NCSC and Common Criteria security evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of current crypto technologies and key management systems