over 2 years ago
12 Month Contract
A new position has become available for an experienced Linux Developer to work for one of our well known defence clients.
- You will pro-actively maintain the performance of the system.
- You will be required to identify and provide resolution of performance anomalies and system defects.
- Design and deployment of developed capability into the pre-production and operational environments.
- Provision of direct support to the Operations Team as required, including the automation of processes.
- Production of Design documents, including Requests for Change (RFC) and Work Instructions.
- A need to stay up to date by following industry developments, creating prototypes and sharing this information with key stakeholder, both internal and external.
Skills / Experience:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Linux experience as a deployment platform and day to day development environment - e.g., can describe package management, networking configuration, log files, environment variables.
- Experience of starting from scratch, and building on top of existing systems.
- Experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu.
- Experience of automation/configuration management
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong familiarity with the following core tools: git, ssh, Unix command line, browsers, Bash.