3 months ago
Linux Support Engineer
Great salary and company perks
SC Cleared or Candidates able to obtain SC clearance
The role of the Linux engineer operates on a 24/7 shift pattern. Our client is looking for a support engineer, someone with knowledge in Linux, You will be working in a Shared Service Centre.
You will be supporting, monitoring and escalating faults working within a highly skilled and successful team.
You will support a new platform to help assist and troubleshoot platform issues. You will have development opportunities to widen your skill set.
This is a great opportunity for a support engineer to progress their career and obtain SC Clearance
* Successful management of escalations in a timely manner.
* Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
* Meets project deadlines and costs within own area of responsibility.
* Errors with workarounds or fixes provided in a timely manner.
* Technical Assessments.
* Proven track record of problem resolutions.
* Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
* Successful production of documentation.
Hands on Linux experience
2 years experience within a helpdesk environment or supporting software tech
Familiar with debugging, troubleshooting and the analysis.
In return you'll receive:
Sponsored Security clearance
Shift allowance bonus
Company pension contribution - up to 10%
Personal and Company target bonus
Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions
Excellent career development opportunities
Corporate discount scheme card (restaurants, cinema)
The ability to buy and sell holiday