Logistics Support Officer
West Sussex and Surrey dual based.
A market leading, fast paced and growing technology company are looking for an experienced Logistics Support Officer. They are offering a permeant role and need someone from a Manufacturing/Engineering environment with experience in logistics and supply chain.
- Schedule and track shipments in and out of CPL, ensuring materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner. (KANBAN)
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
- Maintain robust method of tracking goods and materials in and out of CPL sites.
- Issuing of purchase demand and purchase orders for freight and logistical materials / supplies.
- Work with internal stake holders, ensuring appropriate shipping requirements to allow for production schedules to be achieved and projects to progress.
- Liaise with freight forwarders ensuring timely arrival of goods and materials.
- Maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain robust method of tracking and retention of all customs and associated documentation, including Carnet's.
- setting up the material movements between Horsham and Merstham by planning daily shuttle runs and associated Kanbans, processes and visual management.
- Handling coordination for the design of packaging into our sub-contractors and finished goods
- Handling Brexit preparations and reporting, including applications for new tariff and clearance systems
- Working on warehouse barcode systems to allow barcode movement through to lineside
Develop cost effective logistic routing for incoming and outgoing materials
- Negotiation of logistic provider contracts and agreements.
- Analysis of freight invoices and quotations, as to drive best value.
Support warehouse operations.
- Aid warehouse personnel in the development, presentation and reporting of departmental "Quality of Service" KPI's.
- Work Instruction development
- Assist in the analysis of warehouse footprint and layout planning
Support the finance function
- Logistics budgeting
- Invoicing support
- Purchase order support
- Customs documentation and Carnet support in line with HMRC requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Computer skills. ERP/MRP knowledge.
- Support the wider supply chain function and other departments with logistical support as necessary.
- Attend meetings as necessary
If you are interested in this position, please 'APPLY NOW'