Greater Manchester, England
£10 - £20 per annum
4 months ago
Maintenance Technician- Mechanical Bias
Shifts - 4 on 4 off
6 months initially
Based in the North West - £10 - £20 per hour + shift allowance £75 p/w
A large NHS trust based just outside Manchester is seeking an experience multi-skilled maintenance technician/engineer with a mechanical bias, to work as part of a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift pattern (alternating days and nights).
As the maintenance technician/engineer you will be working in the estates and facilities department carrying out a number of tasks such as pipe fitting, repair work and equipment installations. You will also be required to act as 1st line responder for all types of plant and equipment on site including CEF main site steam raising boilers.
- Work on gas and oil fired steam raising equipment & boiler plant.
- Understand the workings of the Mechanical / Electrical systems in NHS buildings. .
- Carry out maintenance and repairs on; heating pipework CT & VT systems, pumps, bearings, mechanical seals, air handling units (AHUs), water chillers and air conditioning plants etc.
- Control of environmental conditions using a building management system (BMS).
- Act as first line response to all Estates requests out of normal working hours.
- Act as 1st response to CEF Boiler/CHP plant.
- Act as 1st response to CEF Borehole plant.
- Various other hospital equipment and installations.
- Perform a wide range of work of other crafts.
- Manufacture, assemble, erect, and install new work.
- Use of relevant tools and equipment.
- Keep records and plans as appropriate.
- Assist PFI providers FM Team.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent (mechanical/electrical)
- Mechanical fitting experience
- Worked with HVAC/air handling equipment (Steam, gas, sterilisers, worked in hospital environment (desirable)
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin your application.