£500 - £550 per day
3 months ago
Major Platforms Infrastructure Engineer
+ Role Type: Contract
+ Location: Corsham - Hybrid
+ IR35 Status: Outside
+ Contract Length: 12 Months minimum
+ Security Clearance: Must hold active SC
+ Day Rate: £500 - £550 Per Day
Key responsibilities of the team include:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, administration, and support of Windows servers and related infrastructure within a virtualised environment.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft enterprise products including, but not limited to, Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, Exchange, Skype, WSUS, PKI and MS Office elements.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, administration, and support of a virtualised environment based on VMware's NSX platform and utilising both vSAN and Micro segmentation.
- Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
- Working with the Solution Architects to ensure all deployed solutions and their associated components are done so in line with agreed design.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
Significant hands-on experience in:
The installation, configuration, maintenance, administration and support of Windows server operating systems, especially Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016, especially within a virtualised environment.
The design, configuration and administration of Active Directory, preferably in a secure environment.
Several years' experience in some of the following areas:
Design, configuration, implementation and administration of PKI, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business (experience of Unified Comms from other vendors considered a bonus), WSUS, SolarWinds, Splunk, SQL, Trend (or similar AV products), Proxy, Veeam.
Experience in some of the following areas:
- The installation, configuration, maintenance, administration and support of a virtual server infrastructure, based on VMware's NSX solution
- Configuration, administration and support of Micro-segmentation within NSX.
- VMware's Virtualised Desktop Infrastructure (Horizon) product set.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN
- Configuring and administering the backup and restore of Windows based systems.
- Microsoft Windows client configuration and support including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Experience working with PowerShell.
Other essential, non-technical, skills, qualifications and experience include:
- Hold a current SC clearance and be prepared to undergo DV clearance.
- The ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience:
Technical experience of:
- The design and configuration of Two Factor Authentication Solutions.
- .NET Framework and Low-Level API calls.
- Using open-source orchestration tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Conducting product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost, and time.
An understanding of hyper-converged infrastructure including software defined networking
- Knowledge of Automation and Orchestration technologies.
- Experience of operating and delivering within an Agile Framework.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Toolset - JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket for delivering Agile based projects.
- Experience of working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally with Defence Digital (formerly ISS).
- A firm grasp of service management tooling and ITIL.
- Delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
- Delivering in Agile (SAFE4) and Waterfall projects.