£30.00 - £34.00 per hour
over 2 years ago
12 month contract £30.00 - £34.00 per hour (depending on experience)
A Medical/Pharmaceutical manufacturer that specialise in manufacturing laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer on 12 month contract basis.
My client's products contain complex mechanical systems, electronics and software so it is important for the company to ensure that their products can be manufactured correctly by meeting quality, cost and time scale targets.
You will need a very good understanding of plastics and the injection moulding process. This will enable you to support the manufacturing unit that processes bought in plastic components which are assembled to create the companies' products in-house at small to medium volumes.
The Role - Manufacturing Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Work with designers and engineers to give Design for Manufacture input during product development projects.
- Work with procurement specialists to develop a robust high quality supply chain.
- Develop and implement sound manufacturing methods covering all processes from supply chain through configuration, commissioning and packing.
- Improve efficiency of production using best practice methods.
- Solve manufacturing issues by providing guidance and prioritisation, performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures, process change or design change.
- Develop, maintain and improve manufacturing documentation.
- Capacity planning.
- Batch release.
Skills/Experience/Qualifications - Manufacturing Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Good degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline or substantial experience in manufacturing engineering of electromechanical assemblies.
- Excellent manufacturing engineering and process development skills.
- Experience in plastics and injection moulding processes
- Sound knowledge and experience of NPI processes.
- Experience of developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation.
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and best practice.
- Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM).
- Motivated by continuous improvement.
If you are interested in the role, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'