Brighton, East Sussex
£25000 - £30000 per annum
11 months ago
£25,000 - £30,000
A market leading Engineering / Manufacturing organisation are seeking a Manufacturing Technician
Role of Manufacturing Technician:
* Carry out preliminary electrical checks such as resistance, inductance and continuity tests
* Perform linearity checks for electrical and mechanical properties
* Carry out electrical test and inspection to drawings and specifications, using appropriate equipment such as an oscilloscope, power supplies, meters, etc.
* Perform inter-stage and final tests, for example on frame scan motors, such as torque loading and adjustments by demagnetising or degaussing techniques
* Carry out electrical assembly such as solder wires, tags and components to component boards or terminals
* Ensure appropriate test sheets and traceability documentation is accurately maintained
* Supporting and verifying first offs of electro-mechanical assemblies and inter-stage assemblies.
* Build and test electro/mechanical assembly's which include bearing fitting, measurement of shaft radial and end play, assembly and alignment of optical graticules for frame scan motors and various other precision components used on aircrafts
Skills / Experience for Manufacturing Technician:
* ONC/HNC in an engineering/manufacturing discipline with experience of running tests in an electro-mechanical environment
* Be able to understand and interpret electro-mechanical drawings
* Complete defect investigation reports (DIR's) on repairs
* Cirris cable test programming
* Fault finding electro-mechanical equipment including PCB's to component level
* Analytical and methodical approach to work
* Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
If your skill set/experience matches please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'