Surrey, S. E. England, England
£37000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Based in Surrey
6 month contract fixed term
A high end global supplier of cutting edge capital equipment in the security sector are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Junior Buyer, to join their procurement team. This role offers you to gain experience and skills so you can take that next step in your career.
The company - Mechanical Design Engineer - Surrey
My client works in security sector manufacturing and designing highly advanced products. They also work in defence sectors working quite closely with the military as their innovative and high tech equipment is very successful in supporting that industry.
The role - Mechanical Design Engineer- Surrey
The role is mainly to carry out mechanical design of my clients production tooling this will include as well:
- To design production assembly tooling to support the manufacture of their highly technical products.
- Role involves close working with Engineering teams in US and UK together with the on-site manufacturing & procurement teams.
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure designed parts are built to requirements/tolerances and to schedule.
- Support assembly and commissioning of production tooling jigs/fixtures.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive documentation for Engineering Releases.
- Produce comprehensive and accurate supporting documentation.
- Support the manufacturing team during the prototype assembly phase.
Qualifications/skills - Mechanical Design Engineer - Surrey
- Extensive 3D CAD design experience.
- Extensive experience of CAD packages.
- Knowledge and experience of tooling design for precision manufacture.
- Clean room experience a bonus
- Degree/HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering although relevant experience may be considered. He should have at least 3 years mechanical design experience ideally with industrial machinery.
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with a renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'.