Up to £324 per day + Inside IR35
about 1 month ago
Mobile Device Engineer
Duration - 3month contract
Based in Hatfield
Rate - £324 pay rate IR35 - Inside
Closing date 28th June
For this contract we are looking for people who have worked on mobile devices, with exposure to LTE, IMS and radio tracing tools like QXDM, this is the first requirement.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing and validating mobile devices from different OEM's and ODM's ranged for Emergency Services Network. This will involve working on cutting edge mobile technology, products, features and services on Emergency Services Network to ensure a successful launch. Role holder will have access to all mobile devices before commercial launch, performing radio and user experience testing to provide the best experience for Emergency Services Networks.
Skills required for the job
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a test and acceptance related position with a MNO/MVNO/ESP/Supplier
- Knowledge of mobile devices including all hardware and software specifications (platforms and OS) and their interaction with various mobile data and voice services and the SIMDeep knowledge of iOS and Android OS
- Knowledge of test management/execution solutions (like HP ALM or others)
- Knowledge of Mobile device tracing tools, QXDM, Accuver, Shannon, HiDS
- Ability to capture, read and analyze device and/or network traces would be appreciated (iOS Engineering mode & logging, ADB, Wireshark…
- Extensive experience validation and execution (performing test plans, reporting issues, provide test reports, validation of patch and fixes)Collects and analyses statistics and indicators for project history in order to create lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Good understanding on network architecture and related service flows e.g. call sequence diagrams
- Knowledge about product development, engineering development, test methodologies and standards.
- Experience in working with operations teams and contributing to the operations processes in multiple customer environments
- Must be able to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and technologies
- Effective time management, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team-working attitude within a multi-cultural environments
- Excellent MS office, Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, MSProject and other productivity tools
Experience you would be expected to have
- Working knowledge within mobile communications industry with knowledge of LTE, IMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi, WCDMA, UMTS, HSxPA, MCPTT, GSM, GPRS.
- Experience in the integration and/or validation of mobile devices, preferably 5G, 4G, NB-IOT terminals. Any development experience would be even better.
- Hands on experience working with platform tracing tools QXDM, STT, Accuver.
- Previous work experience with mobile device OEMs, Chipset Vendors, Test Houses, Mobile OS vendors, MNO or MVNO
- Experience in Test Execution, symptoms gathering and result evaluation, defect management tools (HP ALM or JIRA)