West Sussex, England
£25000 - £35000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Modelling and Data Analysis Engineer
Based in West Sussex
A world-renowned manufacturing company who manufacture products for the future is rapidly growing and requires a need for a Modelling and Data Analysis Engineer to work in their Systems department.
The main focus of the role is to provide my client's internal and external customers access to high quality data relating to their product performance. You will obtain this data either from predictive system models or from the analysis of test data.
Key responsibilities - Modelling Data Analysis Engineer - West Sussex
- Use and development of 0-D and 1-D thermo-fluids modelling of current and future systems along with the specification of test plans to validate the model performance;
- Development and maintenance of data analysis and reporting tool-sets for use with system engineering and product development activities;
- Support and development of automated processing algorithms to enable the definition and generation of consistent system performance metrics across the business.
- Develop best-practice processes and tools for the analysis of engineering data, to ensure quality and consistency across the business.
- Present simulation and analysis results in a clear and consistent manner to enable engagement with engineering data throughout the business.
- Support the roll-out of the developed tools to other parts of the organisation.
Knowledge/Skills - Modelling and Data Analysis Engineer - West Sussex
- Degree qualified (minimum) in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience of developing and using software and modelling tools working in a cross functional team, using best practice software engineering practices.
- Good understanding of programming in a high level language (eg MATLAB /Simulink, Visual Basic, Python, Java, C/C++) and the associated software life cycle.
- Aware of the use of statistical methods in engineering i.e. Six Sigma type techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to adapt and tailor working practices to suit the demands of the business
- Be fast learner of domain knowledge and terminology
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'