about 2 years ago
Network Architect (Permanent)
Basingstoke based Network Architect role
Must be minimum SC Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
You will be expected to:
* Work with the bid team to design solutions that meet or exceed the customer requirements.
* Present solutions to senior management and customers.
* Take ownership of HLD/LLD components for specific network components of the overall solution.
* Ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
* Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer and Lead Network Architect
* Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
* Provide impact assessments on customer and internal Change Requests
Network Architect, covering WAN and LAN (Network Generalist)
* Creation of WAN/LAN Services solution taking into account migration concerns
* Costs of the Services in standard CCM Format
* Raise RAID entries
* Update Management Team on Weekly bases on status of architecture and costs
* SPOC for H&NS Aspects of the Architecture
* Support the Lead architect
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Juniper Certified Network Engineer (either JNCIP-SP or JNCIP-ENT)
* Juniper Certified Support Specialist (either JNCSP-SP or JNCSP-ENT)
* Juniper/Cisco Firewalls, Switches, Routers
Desirable Skills Required:
* Knowledge and experience of Network Design
* Knowledge and experience of DNS
* Knowledge and experience of NTP
* Knowledge and experience of QoS (DSCP)
* Knowledge and experience of VPN (IPsec)