Network architect with strong experience of :
a) writing high and low level designs for complex secure network hosting solutions
b) leading a team of network engineers to develop and deploy the network design
Cisco Nexus supporting layer 3 and layer 2 networking, VLAN, VRF and Inter - VLAN ACLs
Cisco ASR, inkling OTV, IPSEC and QOS configuration
Cisco ASA firewall firepower devices and Firepower management console
Cisco 2960 and 3650 switches
Solarwinds NCM, NPM and NTA
Juniper SRX firewalls
F5 DNS and LTM load balancers
* Authority. Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
* Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
* Cost and risk. Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
* Influence. Represents our company at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build the companies reputation in the market place.
* Business development. Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing our company.
* Requirements and design. Contributes to definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
* Knowledge re-use. Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to our knowledge base.
Key Performance Indicators
* Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure CSA for large, complex solutions.
* Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
* Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall CSA or PM.
* Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
* Tangible recognition from customers and/or Fujitsu sales of being a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu.
* Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions of significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
* Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.