£450 - £500 per day + INSIDE IR35 DOE
8 months ago
1st May 2021
Network Design Engineer
SC Clearance required
Farnborough OR Portsmouth
12 Month Contract
No Remote - Site based
£450-500 per day inside IR35
- Build and Deploy a new user facing Network Management System including monitoring of bespoke software/system components.
- Creating, managing and updating the project plans & deliverables.
- Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Build Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
- Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides according to engineering processes.
- Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
- Visit data centres & sites
- Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
- Work with operations and engineering team to optimize deployments into in service systems.
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes according to engineering processes.
Network Design Engineer - Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Experience of deploying, configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc. including using Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP).
- CCNP or CCIE
- Good TCP/IP networking experience and understanding of enterprise equipment (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
- The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
- The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge
- SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
- High level of written and spoken English
- High standard of documentation
- Experience of System Engineering Lifecycles and user centric solutions solutions.
- Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL - installation, support, and performance tuning.
- Linux Server Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Scripting knowledge - e.g. Powershell / Python / Bash
- Network and Firewall Administration
- Remote Datacenter Management
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (ideally Veeam and/or Zerto and/or vSphere Replication)
CBSbutler is acting as an employment business for this role.