Perm Full time
Will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with a DV Clearance
The Network Engineer works within the Services Operations Group ensuring that the teams SLA's are met across the client's estate on a daily basis and in line with industry standard best practices. The candidate will be expected to have responsibility for performing Network Operational duties, including reporting, troubleshooting, configuration and capacity management of network equipment employed across all of the clients networks. The candidate will also be responsible for liaising with third parties and require the skill and knowledge to provide Root Cause Analysis as part of the clients fault resolution process.
The successful candidate will need to be proactive, self-motivated and flexible.
The role and responsibilities of the Network Engineer are as follows:
- Configuration of Network Layer 2/3 devices on all networks.
- Responsible for ensuring the Major Incident Management Process is followed for network outages.
- Undertake and lead 'Root Cause Analysis' investigations into network faults and performance issues.
- Liaise and assist the network architect and solutions team with the implementation of projects into Service and Support.
- Provide 2nd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression (Major faults and performance issues).
- Liaise with Third Party service providers for WAN provision and maintenance.
- Monitor LAN/WAN - Service availability and efficiency.
- Maintenance of Core Network Devices and IOS/NX-OS software.