£60000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Based in Surrey
- Paying between £50,000 & £65,000 per annum
- Permanent Opportunity
*please note this is an SC Cleared Position
Technical Skills: Network / Network Security / CCNA / IP / LAN / WAN / CISCO / Checkpoint / Juniper / Firewalls
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Engineer with some experience in network security to join a highly successful Engineering company, assisting in directing and supporting the future of their networks by making significant contributions to the performance, security and reliability of the internal network and implementations of continuous improvement projects.
The role offers full autonomy and will allow you to modernise and propell the companies network infrastructure. Working in a friendly and open culture you will benefit from being a vital member of the Technical team who have won awards for their "employee engagement" schemes.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Make significant contribution to the design and implementation of projects to build resilient and secure networks
- Recommend and implement improvements with reference to secure network methods and risk management to address vulnerabilities across the LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Test, monitor and report on the network performance, threat status, operating availability and resolve any support issues and vulnerabilities.
- Implement manage and monitor Network Access Controls for devices on the corporate LAN.
- Ensure the network is configured and fully tested to reduce the attack surface from malicious threats and disruptive events.
- The scope of this role covers Unified Communications as well as the LAN, WAN, VPN, WLAN site interconnectivity and data center network architecture.
You will be able to showcase the following skills / attributes:
- IP networking and routing protocols / Unified communications technologies / Network monitoring solutions / HP, CISCO, Checkpoint and Juniper
- Network Security and endpoints - AV / Firewall / IDS/IPS
You will be a competent and rounded Network Engineer who is looking to work for an ever advancing leading organisation. For more information please send through your cv