£32 - £35 per hour
over 1 year ago
DV Cleared NOC Engineer
+ Initial 6 month contract
+ £32 - £35 per hour
+ Requires current high level clearance
+ Based in London
We require a Migration Network Engineer to undertake site surveys, at multiple customer locations, and create designs where necessary.
The Migration Network Engineer will be part of the migration team based in Basingstoke and will need to travel to multiple customer sites.
They will report to the Migration Senior Project Manager and the Migration Team Lead Architect.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
* Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required site surveys, designs and supporting documentation.
* To support the Project Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs.
* To take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities.
* Ensure the documentation produced isfit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
* Provide input into reports ,when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers
* Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
* Undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design
Skills - Mandatory:
* DV Clearance
* Previous experience in site surveys and network migration.
* Excellent network configuration experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
* Juniper accreditation level JNCIS-ENT preferable; Juniper JNCIA-Junos minimum
* Cisco accreditation CCNA preferable
* Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
* Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
* Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
* VRF and VLAN configuration
* SVI/RVI configuration
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
* AAA configuration
* Access lists configuration
* IP Addressing design
* Network troubleshooting
* Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
Skills - Useful:
* Firewalls skills, specifically Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation