Product Development Manager
£50000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 year ago
To Lead the technical development and delivery of electronic and system integration aspects of a number of hardware projects.
To initiate and manage the technical activities involved in the design and execution of electronic hardware devices from concept through to commercialisation.
You are not expected to design and develop the electronics , PCB or firmware but you must be able to specify and agree work packages and targets to ensure the external partners can progress the solution to deliver.
- Assess and manage the risk of the project with key / senior stakeholders for up to four electronic based projects.
- Coordinates response to quantified risks, which may involve acceptance/retention, transfer, reduction or avoidance/elimination. Assists with development of agreed countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Demonstrates financial awareness and budget management
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on overall progress and initiates corrective action, as appropriate, to ensure that programme deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
- A degree in an electronics and system engineering or similar discipline or demonstrable experience working in product delivery for at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of how to deliver electronics design, PCB and Firmware to support product development is essential.
- Experience in Lower power battery operated and mains powered devices is beneficial.