£36000 - £40000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Production Team Leader
Located in Middlesex
A global leader in the Aerospace and Defence industry are looking for you to be one of their next Production Team Leaders, supervising a team of 20+ operators, ensuring that output/production targets are achieved through efficient deployment of people and machine capacity. You will be given the autonomy to grow and utilise your team whilst driving through continous improvement activities.
You will be working for a well known and highly reputable Engineering company that designs, manufactures and specialises in technical products utilised in the Aerospace and Defence sector. You will be working in a well equipped manufacturing environment, whilst working for a company that prides itself on its employee engagement which has seen them win many awards and build a strong workforce.
Your role as the Production Team Leader will include:
- Plan, monitor and allocate work as determined by job packs and maximise the output of people and machines in the cell.
- Communicate and monitor team performance against KPI/metrics, e.g. shortages, spares orders, deliveries and priorities on a daily basis.
- Investigate the causes of poor productivity and implement action plans to address them.
- People Management
Ensure compliance with all relevant SOP's, Work Instructions and PS's and that all necessary records and logs are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Initiating and participating in 5S, ToC and other improvement activities.
Qualifications/skills - Production Team Leader - Middlesex
- Experience of managing people
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Stores / Warehouse experience would be beneficial
- Good Computing skills - emails. SAP or equivalent
- Due to the hands on nature of the roles experience in the work of the team is an advantage - e.g. mechanical fitter, machinist, operator
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'