Middlesex, New Jersey
£40000 - £60000 per annum
7 months ago
Programme Manager - Complex Engineering
+ Programme Management; Project Management; Risk; Commercial; Technical Leadership; Delivery
+ Defence; Aerospace; Electronics; Microwave; RF; Complex Engineering
+ £50,000 - £60,000 + excellent bens
We design and manufacture high power electronic and microwave systems to operate reliably in the harshest environments. This role is key to our competency and capability to design and build reliable product solutions to address its market and maintain growth.
- To assume total responsibility for the management of allocated programmes and projects.
- To achieve high performance on all facets of programme delivery, operational and budgetary margins, accurate forecasting and delivery to milestones.
- Define, communicate, execute & monitor the programme plan schedule and prioritise specific to individual contracts and programmes
- To hold, chair and present at programme meetings such as design, progress and contract reviews and gate reviews in line with NPI process.
- Detailing and reporting contract issues, priority and risks, informally and formally at contract reviews, production meetings and customer reviews.
- Manage and report fiscal performance of the programme, adjusting the plan in accordance with programme needs.
- Maintain effective and good working relationships with customers (internal and external), project stakeholders and suppliers where appropriate to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage project uncertainty through risk planning establishing appropriate mitigations and contingency plans that are communicated to the project team.
- Undertake bid management through initiation and planning phase, provide sales support through bid review process and provide supporting documentation in accordance with the Programme Management Handbook, and NPI Process.
- Demonstrate project management experience, identifying ownership and delivery of high value programs in challenging situations, preferably engineering related programs.
- Training in project management disciplines preferably APM or similar.
- Use of project management resource tools such as MS project and earned value
- Commercial knowledge - contractual, scope control, negotiation
- Direct customer interface management
- Full life cycle management of product development
- A manufacturing and/or engineering background in Defence sector would be advantageous.
- Degree level educated or equivalent.
- PRINCE, Association for Project Management (APM) or Information Systems Examination Board qualified, with relevant experience of working with Managing Successful Project or Programmes methodologies would be desirable.