A leading technical engineering consultancy are now looking for a Project Manager to join their growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting projects in a fast-paced technical environment. You role requires the management of project costs within budget, technical project preparation, keeping customers abreast of progress during testing, and ensuring that reports and certificates are delivered on time.
This role would suit an experienced Project Manager with a background in electrical/electronic engineering and ideally knowledgeable in compliance testing.
Within this role you will be:
- Managing client's expectations, both technically and commercially, during the course of their projects
- Commercial management of projects to achieve sales budgets and profit targets, ensuring that profit margins are preserved and any issues affecting profitability are resolved
- Acting as principal intermediary between the client and the operating areas from the beginning to the end of both single discipline and one-stop projects
- Management of projects ensuring on time and accurate delivery of contractual deliverables
- Ensuring projects are booked on facility plans and that facility plans are kept up-to-date
- Working with the test supervisors to ensure the timely delivery of test samples and supporting documentation, smooth workflow and problem solving
- Visiting clients as and when required
- Supporting LEAN/quality initiatives to improve workflow and business productivity
- Experience managing technical projects within a Technical Engineering / Manufacturing / Marine or the Telecommunications industry
- A broad understanding of new product development
- Experience of supporting customers in a business to business environment.
- A technical aptitude with the ability to develop an understanding and knowledge of various engineering / technical topics.
- Track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- Consistently delivers, plans for contingencies and looks for opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Has a good understanding of customers' needs and perspectives and strives to improve customer experience.
- Experience of dealing with international customers.