£30000 - £36000 per annum + Excellent Bens
7 months ago
Project Support Engineer
Based in Portland, Dorset
A UK defence contractor who designs and manufactures innovative complex systems are seeking a Project Support Engineer to join their team.
As part of the Service team who provide engineering support and maintenance through the engineering lifecycle of the product at designate customer locations on and off-site. This role will include planning, prioritising work, to ensure trouble free procurement, installation, testing and configuration requirements are met in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and contractual requirements. You will be required to support the team in delivery of the best solution and customer experience.
- To provide pre-design & production support to engineers at all levels as required.
- Experience establishing and working to MoD Safety and regulatory standards with the ability to assess potential risks and document mitigating actions and communicating these to the wider team.
- Experience of working with electrical/electronic systems, especially within a MoD maritime domain.
- To assist the Project Manager in the planning, assembly and testing of manufactured items and cables in accordance with quality procedures and associated work instructions with the ability to deputise for a senior engineer when required.
- Ability to interpret drawings & diagrams and communicate to the wider team customer expectations, resources and timescales for delivery, Carry out installation and setting to work activities of project equipment, as detailed in the project installation and test plans as and when required
- Attendance at sea, land or air trials as required to measure, service and maintain equipment as necessary.
- Provide timely engineering support for system integration and test activity as required
- Provide, Maintenance and support routine cycles ensuring all quality and legal standards are met whilst helping to manage obsolescence.
- Support the Project Manager with evidenced technical product specification documents, test information/reports and updated project schedules as required to maintain customer satisfaction.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- An engineering-based qualification at a minimum of HNC level or its equivalent.
- Ability to question, think laterally and monitor multiple activities at once.
- Able to interpret CAD drawings and understand technical engineering concepts and principles.
- Be organised, task orientated and have good time management skills
- A good verbal & written communicator who is enthusiastic and adaptable
- Ability to obtain security clearance & has a clean driving license.
- Clean driving license.
- The Engineer (Project Support) is responsible for:
- Supporting the installation and maintenance of the required systems
- Producing and updating project documentation
- Advise on communication technologies
- Support the acceptance trials activities
- System fault finding and solution engineering
- Provide System definition/acceptance documentation
For more information apply now !