£40000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
Quality Engineer - Internal Audit and Process Improvement
A leading Aerospace organisation are looking for a Quality Engineer to lead their internal audits and process improvements within their manufacturing department. Working for a household name with a rich history you will be working for a company that takes enormous pride in its products whilst offering a stable and work friendly environment.
You will be responsible for the management of the internal audit programme including the co-ordination of a team of part-time auditors from departments across the business. Also the role will require interaction with various functions of the business to help map and improve their operating processes. Interacts with customer representatives and third party agencies for their audits. Monitoring departmental procedures across the company to ensure mandatory review periods are respected.
- Plan and implement the company's internal audit programme to ensure compliance with external requirements and regulations
- Undertake and document planned internal audits according to the plan including co-ordination and support of team of internal auditors
- Undertake product or process audits in response to any notified quality issues.
- Support internal departments to map and improve their operating processes
- Maintain a database of audit and improvement actions and notify to senior management to aid prioritisation activities.
- Preparation and hosting of external audits from customers and third party agencies and management of responses to these audits.
Experience and qualifications;
- Formally trained internal auditor qualifications in ISO9001/AS9100
- Thorough QA Engineering experience in a similar environment (Aerospace, Defence or automotive)
- Knowledge /qualifications in 5S, Lean Methodologies
- Knowledge of EASA Part 21 and Part 145 Series Regulations would be highly desirable