£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
9 months ago
Role - RF Engineer
Location - Hertfordshire with some travel to London - Home / hybrid working options available
Salary - Up to £55,000
A market leading consultancy providing Communication Network solutions to world class organisations are seeking an RF Engineer with an excellent understanding of RF communications and a good appreciation of end user devices. The successful candidate will have system level knowledge and trouble-shooting capabilities. This interesting and varied and hands-on work requires both test systems and systems engineering knowledge
Desired skills / experience for RF Engineer :
* Graduate with a good Honours or Masters university degree or other qualification in a space / engineering discipline or STEM subject ; equivalent qualifications and / or experience will be considered as an alternative
* Knowledge of satellite / network communications systems design ideally including a good understanding of access technologies , signalling protocols , antenna design and propagation
* Understanding of RF propagation theories and associated experience of ground station RF equipment , ideally to include experience of RF circuits , RF systems design and test ( including simulators / tools )
* Experience of producing communications link budget analysis and design
* Understanding of end user terminals / devices
* Understanding of satellite system design and modern digital modulation techniques
* An appreciation of systems engineering processes , particularly those related to test activities and operational environments
* Knowledge or experience of on-board processing payload systems
* An interest in the space sector and role ; a genuine willingness to learn
* Strong work ethic with a desire to grow knowledge both through mentoring and independently
Experience with some of the following would also be highly desirable - RF Engineer
* Experience or knowledge of space system network design and architecture
* Previous involvement in VV&T test campaigns: executing tests , collecting and analysing data from tests , communicating results and anomalies to test management ; experience to have been gained in one or more of system end-to-end testing, stand-alone / integration testing , factory acceptance testing or operational networks
* Signal processing knowledge and DSP experience.
* Experience of IP / networking protocols and devices ; a basic knowledge of Linux operating system would be an advantage as would some software coding experience ( e.g. Python ).
* Excellent writing and reporting skills and the ability to relay information to clients through both presentations and formal test reports
* Experience with ESA project processes / familiarisation with ECSS and other standards
* Desirable to have experience of specialised analysis, simulation and system modelling / testing tools (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink).
If you are an RF Engineer who is keen to be involved in exciting projects and you have some of the above skills and experience then please APPLY NOW..!!