Brighton, East Sussex
£55000 - £75000 per annum
8 months ago
Reliability / Safety Engineer
Based in Brighton
Up to £75,000 with flexibility for the right experience
My client is a leading Aerospace and Defence company and they are looking for highly competent Reliability / Safety Engineer Engineer. You will be involved with the complex subsystems which includes: Electronic , Mechanical , Electro-Mechanical and Pneumatic
Key responsibilities- Reliability / Safety Engineer - East Sussex
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis and other calculations related to reliability
- Familiarity with defence or military standards to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA's, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc
- Write safety cases using Defence standards, including supporting documentation
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with the defence and military standards
- Reliability prediction experience
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirements
- Parts Stress Derating
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
Key Skills/Experience - Reliability / Safety Engineer - East Sussex
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering field
- 5+ years' experience of working within the RMS Government Specfications and Handbooks
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and be able to develop and write technical analysis reports and plans.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication and PC skills are all essential.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and MS Office application software.
- Able to gain security clearence
If you are interested in working for global leading and a rapidly expanding company this an opportunity not to miss. Please 'APPLY NOW'