£45000 - £50000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Located in Surrey
£45,000 - £50,000
A world leader in the Defence industry that manufacture and specialise in navigation solutions are look for an experienced Supply Chain Senior Buyer . The Senior Buyer is responsible for managing and assisting in the sourcing and scheduling of materials for a defined base of direct operational relevant suppliers and sourcing requirements for their projects.
The company - Senior Buyer- Surrey
My client specialise in the design and manufacture of advanced navigation technology that is specifically used in the maritime industry, with their global presence this organisation continue to be industry leaders.
The role - Senior Buyer - Surrey
- Manage supplier product/equipment price and availability proposal inputs for Naval Services bids and major prospects for programmes entering into their support phase, and programmes extending their support periods of performance.
- Manage on going Supplier spares and repairs fulfilment needs of the Naval Services Department.
- Develop supplier demand planning models for direct sourcing needs to meet on time and on budget requirements (schedule / quality) in accordance with the Programme structure.
- Align stock availability to customer demand across the assigned and defined Defence programme structure.
- Undertake supplier negotiations for existing and new programme demands incl. price, schedule and terms and conditions, delivering best value for money and lowest risk to NGSM.
- Proactively manage product obsolescence and end of life notifications with suppliers including last time buys, identifying alternative sources and form fit functional replacements.
- Ensure the product is delivered in accordance with specification, with delivery schedule and right qty.
- Ensure the supply chain operates in full compliance with current policies, procedures, customer flow downs, program requirements and legal requirements in the area of Quality, Product Certification, Health & Safety, Material Authenticity etc. and where necessary driving through process improvements to meet changing business needs
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications - Senior Buyer - Surrey
- Able to gain Secuirty clearence (SC)
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning / Materials Management
- Supplier Cost management techniques
- Strategic sourcing principles in line with Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Chain Guidelines (CIPS)
- Stock and inventory turns management within Supply Chain
- Good knowledge of Quality Control and Problem solving techniques (Process FMEA / Control Plans / 8D problem solving / 5Why / Ishikawa analysis)
- Supplier dispute resolution
- Supplier contract management
- Kanban processes
- Value stream management and VSM mapping techniques
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts
- Supply chain and or procurement background
- Excellent communicator / supply chain & purchasing skills / financial acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects / suppliers
If you are a Buyer that meets all the above requirements, and seek a new role within an organisation renowned for their employee retention and progression opportunities then click 'APPLY NOW' to begin your application!