West Drayton, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum + + excellent benefits
2 months ago
Senior Buyer - Engineering & Technology
In this exciting and challenging role, the successful candidate would support the organization in developing strategic supply solutions that optimize quality, cost and delivery to the customer.
Aerospace; Defence; Electronics; RF; Technologies; Production; Manufacturing
Buyer; Procurement; Procurement; Supply Chain; Purchasing
£40,000 - £45,000 + excellent benefits
West Drayton, Middlesex
- Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you would ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials in line with company guidelines and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Work collaboratively and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, demand and supply initiatives and advise any impact or change on purchasing and production activities
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Ensure that procurement procedures are complied with by internal customers and stakeholders and guide colleagues to use ERP/MRP systems for procurement and supply activities
- Demonstrate KPI management, and improvement of supplier delivery performance.
- Manage and develop sources of supply (rationalising where appropriate), ensuring performance monitoring is undertaken and spend optimisation is achieved
- Input data on systems to effectively perform key transactions in procurement and supply
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing and inventory strategies with stakeholders to ensure effective management of inventory levels
- Use and apply strategic decision-making techniques to formulate improvements to procurement and supply chain management
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION
- Good level of general education A level
- Professional or recognised discipline qualification: CIPS, Institute of supply chain, APICS (minimum: Advanced diploma in procurement and supply operations)
EXPERIENCE / OTHER QUALITIES
- Self-starter, who demonstrates ownership and can follow problems through to resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and ERP systems (in particular SWAN / JD Edwards Oracle)
- Organised, methodical and attentive to detail.
- Willing to take responsibility for and drives improvement activity
- Team player who has excellent influencing skills
- Balanced and confident team player with positive effect on team mood
- Achievement focussed
We welcome applications for all suitable candidates!