CDI - 1173501_1642360224
£50000 - £70000 per annum
4 months ago
Job role: Senior Consultant - Technology
Salary: £50k - £70k
Location: Flexible with travel
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
My clients Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's Public and Private sectors. They foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The Day Job
Our clients Aerospace, Defence & Security Consulting practice is growing. They currently provide Business & Transformation; and Technology Consulting services directly to clients and in support of wider business. My client has an excellent track record in helping their clients exploit technology. As a result, they wish to widen the scope of their Business consulting services.
You'll be experienced in delivering business transformation and complex delivery, working with C-Level client stakeholders and able to provide strategy and transformation consultancy to our clients. Working collaboratively with clients, you'll identify opportunities for digital technologies that can best provide for user needs by bringing digital experience to lead clients to deliverable outcomes, utilising methods, tools and innovative thinking, whilst at the same time maintaining an agnostic view of the digital landscape.
As a Senior Consultant you will have delivered digital technologies, be able to influence and shape programmes of work to ensure successful delivery and have the experience to identify and mitigate common pitfalls in digital delivery. You will have expertise and experience in some technology areas and be able to explain complex technologies in plain English during workshops, using diagrams, 1-2-1's and in documents, without being patronising or talking down to individuals. You will have an ability to work in a cross disciplinary teams and be the bridge between business and technology.
Our clients focus areas are mostly likely to include applications, cloud and infrastructure transformation as well as emerging technologies such as RPA or AI so you will need appropriate expertise and experience in some of these areas. You are likely to have come from an architecture background or be interested in the discipline and be able to advise on practical implementation concerns and be able to communicate the complex, simply.
- Acting as a technology SME in consulting assignments bridging the divide between the technical and business and helping clients imagine new possibilities
- You will have your own technology expertise, but additionally will interface with deeper specialists to identify and develop opportunities for how technology can improve client outcomes
- You'll contribute towards shaping, building and the delivery of successful outcomes for clients whilst providing high-value, sustainable business for our client
- You'll successfully deliver tasks in line with the agreed scope, timeframe, and budget to achieve revenue targets and high levels of customer satisfaction
- You'll identify, nurture, and develop client relationships and proactively look to support the development of follow-on work with clients to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and additional revenue
- Your innovative thinking will drive the development and contribution of our client's consulting capability
- As a trusted Senior Consultant, you will be viewed as a member of our clients consulting brand, both by clients and more widely through networks, events, and social media
- Live the consulting-led culture by embracing innovative, highly disruptive technologies that support new ways of working in a digital world.
- Track record of delivering digital and technology advisory services and transformation consulting in a recognised consulting business working with aerospace / defence clients or in the wider government or public sector.
- Knowledge in a selection of key underpinning disciplines and technologies, supporting digital, applications, transformational technologies such as RPA and AI and/or cloud & infrastructure transformation
- Ability to clearly articulate the opportunities provided by use of technology, the architectural and business implications and be able to develop roadmaps for exploitation and change.
- Ability to describe 'as-is' and to-be digital solutions in easy-to-understand manner.
- Experience of defining 'Return on Investment' and of creating compelling business cases for technology.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029