£55000 - £65000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior DevOps Engineer
+ Role Type: Permanent
+ Location: Farnborough (Hybrid - 2 days on site per week)
+ Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
+ Must hold or be eligible for SC Clearance
Your role will include
- Be a member of the project technical leadership, taking ownership of the Linux integration, and support elements of the solution.
- Analyse, develop, and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes, and upgrades.
- Train less experienced engineers on updates and new installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance, and enhancement of applications.
- Act as a SME to drive continuous improvements.
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business.
- Help transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies.
- Experience of build and administration of Red Hat Linux environments ·
- Experience building and managing Red Hat Virtualization (RHV)-hosted infrastructures.
- Experience of using configuration management tooling such as Git.
- Ability to write low level design documents.
- Ability to expand on a given goal with a documented delivery approach.
- Experience delivering solution implementation in line with provided high level design documentation.
- Aptitude and motivation for continued learning and expansion of skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management.
- Experience of working with the Atlassian toolset (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo).
- Experience of RHEL management with Satellite. Should include automation/orchestration experience using Puppet.
- Experience in deploying third party and Cloud native services, leveraging PaaS services to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing solutions using AWS with Terraform, and Ansible.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of applying security to all workloads.
- Experience of working with or implementing CI/CD infrastructure pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience of automating deployment and configuration of COTS software and promoting deployments through multiple environments.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, such as Scrum or Kanban.
Reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working