Up to £45 per hour
about 2 years ago
Senior EC&I Engineer
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Able to demonstrate sound technical experience.
- A sufficient and appropriate level of building services and controls experience gained within a client organisation, engineering consultancy or equipment supplier.
- Project management, including controls, planning and estimating and preparation of deliverable/work package.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Working within a multi-discipline engineering team and having a general appreciation of other disciplines' constraints and requirements.
- Building control systems.
- Fieldbus systems.
- Industrial Automation.
- Experience of the nuclear industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of industrial safety system design.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate creativity.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Responsible for managing the control and instrumentation aspects of major infrastructure projects from system studies and investment appraisals through to detailed design.
- Act as Lead Engineer on design projects or on electrical, control and instrumentation aspects of multidisciplinary utilities infrastructure design projects.
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Specification, selection and justification of relevant equipment.
- Generation of Front End Engineering Design packages.
- Relevant equipment assessment and justification reports.
- Production of Commissioning Procedures.
- Production of Technical Specifications.
You will be required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.