Senior Electronics Engineer
+ World leading Integrated Photonics company
+ Northampton - Relocation assistance available
+ Salary negotiable to £60,000 + Pension, Medical
Senior Electronics Engineer: The successful candidate will develop and support custom electronics solutions to enable manufacturing and test of electro-optical components across the company. The focus in on the design (hardware and firmware) of data acquisition electronics used by the Software Test team to deploy test systems in operations and R&D.
The role will see you:
- Design, procure and maintain custom instrumentation for the test of optoelectronic devices used across several manufacturing stages from chip, chip-on-carrier, gold-box and module.
- Design and document custom electronics hardware (PCBAs) to enable test, alignment, calibration, burn-in and other manufacturing stages in a cleanroom environment.
- The main focus is on the data acquisition electronics equipment to support test automation rather than on the software to implement the actual test stages but some software knowledge is required (e.g. C, C#, VB.net).
- This is a mix of analogue (source-measure circuits) and digital (control) electronics used to drive and measure the performance of electro-optical components.
A global manufacturer of high tech electronic components whose use touches many areas of our lives. They have a strong focus on research and development and have been at the forefront of their market for over three decades.
- Experience in mixed signal PCB design (boards with analogue and digital circuits)
- Experience high-speed digital signals (interfaces like USB 3.0, PCIe, Ethernet, DDR memory)
- Experience in analog signal conditioning
- Experience in low-speed digital signals (interfaces like SPI, I2C, UART) and USB
- Some experience in Micro-controllers, DSPs, embedded systems, FPGAs and firmware
- Electronics debugging skills
- Experience in instrumentation design
Relocation package, Private Healthcare, Holiday Purchase, Pension contributions matched + 3%, income protection
Apply now and I will call you to discuss this role in more depth