Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: Neg + benefits and Flex fund
Bust be eligible and willing to undergo an HMG Clearance
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work on a well-established and technically rewarding IT Client site and be part of the team responsible for deploying, monitoring and maintaining the Hardware, Storage & Backup infrastructure, Virtual Hypervisor and Network components across all Desktop Services within the scope of this large Service contract. You will resolve incidents and implement changes, working to ITIL standards.
- Configuration, management, monitoring and maintenance of SAN switched fabric Infrastructure, f Direct Attached Storage (DAS) components and SAN / Network attached Storage Arrays.
- Configuration, management, monitoring and maintenance of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure platforms, Blade Systems enclosures and blade server Hardware & rack optimized server hardware
- Configuration and management of the networking infrastructure in those areas where no Client based network services exist
- Update Bios, Firmware & Software in accordance with the recognised patching policy
- Liaise with 3rd Party suppliers and engage where applicable for services relating to Storage, Backup or capacity (rack capacity, electrical safety etc.)
- Present and maintain the storage in physical and virtual environments
- Build and configure Virtual environments
- Evaluate / install new server or storage hardware components
- Monitor and maintain the backup schedule
- Support the development and deployment of backup infrastructure
- Carry out break/fix activities to aid fault rectification
- Update and administration of any changes to Configuration Item (CI) data
- Document procedures and review/update requirements
- Carry out preventative maintenance and monitoring using corporate tools
- Work in a disciplined and structured manner in accordance with ITIL V3 based service management processes
- Attend client facing meetings
- Develop and maintain customer and third party relationships
- Proactive problem management
- Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) or relevant demonstrable experience with an Infrastructure support engineering role
- Experience of Hyper Converged platform design and build and fault management.
- Knowledge of SAN switch, configuration using the GUI and command line interface
- Understand how to deploy, manage, monitor and maintain SAN switches.
- Experience of Managing, monitoring and maintaining SAN or Network attached Storage Arrays
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of current Citrix technologies including but not limited to XenApp,
- XenDesktop, Netscaler and Virtualisation to a high standard.
- Demonstrates understanding of storage configuration and RAID standard
- Knowledge of Blade Systems enclosures and blade server hardware
- Rack-optimized server hardware
- Creation of backup jobs, managing backup schedules and backup infrastructure,
- Hand-on experience of VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation
- TCP networking technologies
- Rack installation; including network and fibre channel cabling
- Good communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good customer service skills, focused on meeting customer needs.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment
- ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota following sufficient familiarisation
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Design of new Enterprise Citrix based solutions
- An understanding of naming services (DNS) and Domain Host configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Networking technologies and protocols (Cisco) including but not limited to: VLANs, and
- subnetting / IP address management, NIC teaming, network link aggregation (LACP/Etherchannel) and network switch port configuration
- Knowledge of SAN zones, zoning best practices and general SAN principles
- Microsoft System Centre Data Protection Manager (SCDPM) backup software or and understanding of backup / restore principles
- Disaster recovery
- General Wintel Skills (Microsoft Window Server management) would be advantageous
You must be eligible and willing to undergo an HMG clearance