West Sussex, England
£35000 - £50000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Located in West Sussex
£35,000 - £50,000
A world leader in Engineering/manufacturing sector are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the mechanical design team. You will need to have a solid understanding of mechanical design and have experience working on rapid-prototyping and volume manufacturing techniques.
The role - Senior Mechanical Engineer - West Sussex
- Deliver detailed mechanical design solutions for both stacks and systems.
- Supplier liaison to ensure low cost-efficient manufacture of prototype and volume designs.
- Analysis (CFD or FEA & hand/excel design calculations).
- Support OEM integration of systems, particularly with regards to interface definition.
- Provide expert mechanical design guidance to other areas of the business as required and lead/support design reviews.
- Continuous improvement of mechanical design methods and practices.
Experience and skills - Senior Mechanical Engineer - West Sussex
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher level engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of drawing Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Drawing checking and release control experience.
- A strong understanding of computer aided engineering; component and systems modelling.
- CAD intermediate level proficiency for concept design activity and reviewing/checking of design team output.
- Experience in design team management and task delivery planning.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes including quality control methods.
- Strong expertise in mechanical design methodology and product development processes as applied to the full product life cycle.
If this role suits your skill set and you are looking for a new challenge please 'APPLY NOW'