Senior Network Engineer
£45-55KPA DOE + Benefits
This is an opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to work on a very exciting and challenging secure site within the Services Operations Group. You will ensure that the teams SLA's are met across the client's large estate on a daily basis and have responsibility for performing Network Operational duties, including reporting, troubleshooting, configuration and capacity management of network equipment employed across all of the clients networks. You will also liaise with third parties and provide Root Cause Analysis as part of the client's fault resolution process. You should hold current SC Clearance and be eligible for DV Clearance for this prime position.
* Configuration of Network Layer 2/3 devices on all networks.
* Produce reports for Management incl:
* Bandwidth performance, Base lining, capacity management and Incident Management.
* Ensure the Major Incident Management Process is followed for network outages.
* Undertake and lead 'Root Cause Analysis' investigations into network faults and performance issues.
* Liaise and assist the network architect and solutions team with the implementation of projects into Service and Support.
* Provide 2nd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression (Major faults and performance issues).
* Liaise with Third Party service providers for WAN provision and maintenance.
* Monitor LAN/WAN - Service availability and efficiency.
* Maintain monitoring platforms - maintain security patches and test to ensure reporting is correct.
* Maintenance of Core Network Devices and IOS/NX-OS software.
* Respond to incidents and work orders raised on the Service Management tool.
* Produce and maintain network documentation.
* Understand and comply with team procedures.
* Thorough understanding of Cisco networks with clear and concise reporting skills.
* Exp of network monitoring platforms including Network Node Manager and Cisco LMS/Prime.
* CCNP or extensive exp and exposure as a Senior Engineer within a Cisco networking environment.
* Technical experience and recent exposure to be able to configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and BGP Routing
* Protocols (including the use of GRE tunnelling and Virtual Router Forwarding).
* Configure and troubleshoot the clients Network Tooling - i.e. CISCO PRIME Infrastructure/Opsview/Netflow.
* SC Cleared. Eligible and prepared to go through for DV