£60000 - £70000 per annum
11 days ago
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
+£60,000 - £70,000 p/a
+Hybrid working (3 days on site per week)
+You will be put through SC clearance
+Sole British Nationality required
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring a large project or multiple smaller projects within the Company's portfolio are managed to deliver on time, to budget, within scope and to the required quality and safety standards.
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF PROGRAMMES
The Project Manager will report to the Head of Programmes and is supported by a System Design Authority and their project team.
- To be the prime point of contact with the Customer and the only channel through which changes to the Contract can be agreed.
- Ensure that the project is managed day-to-day in an efficient manner in accordance with the Company Manual and the project planning documentation.
- Ability to develop a realistic programme, which aligns with the declared lifecycle model, to achieve the deliverables. Implement the plan, throughout the lifetime of the project, ensuring that progress is maintained in line with the objectives.
- Report progress and financial status to the Head of Programmes on a monthly basis and attend all necessary Management Meetings.
- To assess, review and actively manage risk.
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the team, perform the appraisals of team members, setting objectives and monitoring their progress throughout the year.
- To assist the Marketing Department in the preparation and review of bids.
- Ability to foster working relationships with customers and pursue marketing opportunities profitable to the Company.
- To perform any additional tasks as required to meet the business objectives and goals of the business.
- Support the selection of key suppliers to the project ensuring clear requirements and milestones are provided.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work across multiple projects
- Good communication skills and with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- A team player who is action orientated and who can deal with ambiguity
- Competent user of Microsoft Project and Excel
- UK National and ability to obtain security clearance
- Full driving license
- Holds a recognised Project Management qualification such as APM PMQ or its equivalent
- Knowledge of the IT Defence Industry and Project Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of Risk Tools and Earned Value Management & Analysis.