£40000 - £45000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A global leading engineering consultancy now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer or Engineer to join their RF test team. Working as apart of of a team of test engineers, primarily focusing on radar but also including beacons and other marine radio products. The role will also include developing the test methods and helping to improve and reduce waste in the testing processes, requiring the initiation of efficiency improvements and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
Within this role you will:
- Testing of Radar Systems against the MED (Marine Equipment Directive) both within the radio test laboratories and offsite, which could be within the UK or overseas.
- Testing of beacons and other marine radio products.
- Recording test results and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
- Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation.
- Technically supporting customers during attended testing.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer.
- Helping to develop and refine test plans with the customer.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the budgeted costs and timescales.
Ideally you will have:
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with RF / RADAR content.
- Experienced in Radar operation and supported features.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to work shift/overtime or on customer sites as and when required.
- A good understanding of analogue and digital communications technologies.
- An understanding of the requirements of the IEC / EN / COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM standards.
- Experience of using RF test equipment such as spectrum/network analyser, signal generator, RF power meter etc.