Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £55000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will support R&D Engineering in the design and development of complex microwave and RF components, sub-assemblies and equipment for Aerospace and Radar applications.
Within this role you will:
- Provide state-of-the-art, design for cost solutions for product development that meet with the specified technical requirements and company processes for manufacture.
- Carry out detailed design, development and evaluation of RF and Microwave components, sub-assemblies and equipment's that meet the company strategic direction and customer needs.
- Support and contribute to an atmosphere of innovation within the team, providing encouragement and support on new product developments
- Perform detailed design analyses; including parts stress, worst case and MTBF.
- Ensure Manufacturing Packages (BoMs, PTSs, ATPs, drawings etc.) are generated, maintained and adhere to company standards.
- Work in a multi-functional department supporting Digital, Mechanical and Software Engineers.
- Analyse, decompose and identify work breakdown for complex technical requirements. Work with Project Management to define clear and achievable goals and milestones.
- Develop strong working relationships with other team members and production engineering to ensure that designs are capable of being manufactured cost efficiently.
- Assist manufacturing to resolve technical problems as required, meeting customer deliveries.
- Supervise and guide Technicians engaged in evaluation of hardware and subsystems.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ideally specialising in RF&M design techniques.
- 5 years or more hands on design experience within an R&D department.
- Worked with development engineering and manufacturing groups to transition product into production.
- Knowledge and experience in using main RF design tools. (e.g. AWR, ADS, HFSS .. )
- Knowledge and experience in using RF test equipment (e.g. Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers).
- Will be eligible to obtain UK Secret Security Clearance / UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Previous experience within the UK Aerospace and Defence Industry an advantage.
- Experience of the complete hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and layout.
- Good working knowledge of RF and Microwave products and product design.
- Knowledge of RADAR subsystems and beamforming an advantage.