£400 - £480 per day
about 2 years ago
Senior Security Consultant
£400-480 per day outside IR35
The Senior Security Consultant will provide delivery leadership and pre-sales support within the Cyber Defence consultancy team primarily aligned to clients in the UK/EU region.
The role includes the following responsibilities.
* Provide the lead in major delivery projects acting as a security design authority and team lead, ensuring that solutions remain in scope and are aligned to agreed business requirements, appropriate delivery methodologies are followed and that effective governance is applied;
* Delivery of smaller stand-alone projects as required;
* Provide support and guidance to consultants working on other PSS projects;
* Provide peer reviews of HLD, LLD and other project documentation as required;
* Work with internal and external stake holders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
* Work with the Verizon sales teams to help define end-client business requirements and associated security services solutions;
* Support the definition, scope and estimation of PSS security services;
* Attend client meetings where applicable.
* Support the preparation of RFP responses and SOWs in areas that relate directly to PSS security services;
* Support and actively participate in the business development of the practice by identifying additional business opportunities within the current client base;
* Practice development
* Make a contribution to the on-going development of PSS security services to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations;
* Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the PSS team;
* Support the practice lead in local management activities;
* Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time;
* Maintain effective network of business contacts within Verizon and their partner community;
* Maintain and grow their own knowledge to ensure this maintains fully relevant to the security services practice and its clients;
* Have strong presentation and written/verbal communications skills at multiple levels of an organisation;
* Have a minimum of 4-7 years of security consulting, design and delivery experience.
* As a Security Consultant you will bring:
o Technical expertise with very strong skills in at least 3 or 4 of the technologies below (please note preferred technologies):
o Network FWs: Cisco ASA & Check Point (preferred), Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet;
o Security Devices: Bluecoat Proxy (preferred), F5 ASM, Zscaler, Cisco IronPort;
o IDP/IPS: FirePower/Sourcefire IPS/IDS (preferred), McAfee;
o Vulnerability Scanners: Skybox, Nessus, Nikto, Qualys;
o APT: FireEye, Palo Alto WildFire; Bluecoat Solara
o Identity & Access Management: Cisco ISE;
o Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies;
o Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments;
o Experience working with operational environments following ITIL frameworks;
o Good general knowledge and expertise of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN, …);
o Excellent documentation skills;
o Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical);
o Ability to review processes and procedures - and improve them;
o Experience participating in network & system security projects to provide:
o Business requirements analysis and support for Solutions Architects;
o Production of detailed infrastructure designs including physical and virtual aspects of security components.
o Migration of complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms;
It is likely that you will have gained some of the following professional qualifications:
* ITIL v3;
* Project Management Professional (PMP);
* CISSP or equivalent;
* Vendor specific engineering certifications (e.g. Palo Alto CNSE, Cisco CCNA Security)