Senior Solution Architect
Perm - Full- time
£60KPA + 15% flexible benefit fund
Responsible for driving the architectural direction of all tasks allocated to you by the Programme / Principal Architect throughout the delivery lifecycle of the task, you will also be required to perform Technical Assurance Reviews to ensure that the technical deliverables pertinent to the lifecycle phase are of sufficient quality that they are "fit for purpose" to deliver the goals of the task and to proceed through the associated phase gate. This would be an ideal position for hands -on architect from a smaller Organisation who has broad skills that also encompass Cloud.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end to end solution/technical design and ensuring alignment to the strategic technical architecture
- Ensure the solution/design process is adhered to by all SMEs
- Responsible for leading technical SMEs to ensure:
- a full collaborative approach to design is guaranteed
- all areas of concern contribute to the design process from the earliest point
- Preparation of artefacts required as part of the architectural toolkit to ensure design governance has appropriate artefacts to be successful (with appropriate collaboration with other SMEs and overseen by SLC Architecture)
- Solution adheres to the principles defined within the Target Enterprise Architecture.
- Meet architectural goals that include usability, performance, security, reliability, maintainability, reuse, supportability and compatibility.
- Ensure the design meets the client's requirements.
- Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels where internal skills do not exist (e.g. when new
- technologies are being investigated)
- Provide an escalation point for design related issues within projects
- Work closely with security teams to ensure that security risks are fully identified and appropriate mitigations are delivered.
- Ensure the project adheres to the agreed design lifecycle and that the correct design documentation is produced at each stage
- Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Firewall Configuration and Management
- IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation)
- Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
- Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration, Active Directory design , SCCM / SCOM deployment
- Linux based OS Administration
- Windows Client OS Windows 7 - Windows 10
- Mobile Device Management - Blackberry Enterprise Server in particular Power Shell
- Cisco ACS
- Good understanding and knowledge of virtualisation platforms, VMware in particular
- Good understanding and knowledge of VMware's Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Zero clients
- Implementation of private and hybrid cloud technologies based on the VMware platform and automation platforms such as vRealize
- A good understanding of, and competent working within, architectural frameworks such as TOGAF
It is essential that you hold, or hold are eligible for, SC Clearance for this position