£450 - £475 per day
about 2 years ago
Server Automation Engineer
Based In Erskine or Newcastle
6 month contract
Paying between £450 - £475 per day DOE
Must hold active SC Clearance to gain access ton client site
An opportunity for a suitably qualified candidate to join the Software Distribution Design team specializing in the design and implementation enterprise wide solutions focusing on HPSA product set.
Successful candidate will be based out of Erskine RDC and will be on site Mon-Fri during business working hours.
Candidate must have expert level skills in all aspects of the product set including:
* Packaging (AMP, MSI and Native)
* Infrastructure design and installation
* OS manager
* Patch manager
* WINPE and Linux service operating systems.
* Scripting skills to include VB, Powershell, REXX and TCL.
* Good all round SQL skills (including complex query authoring)
* OS skills to include Windows Server 2003,2008 & 2012 and Windows XP/Windows 7 & Windows 10 for building, configuration and deployment.
* Understanding of ADDON's and Driver registration.
* Production of Design documentation
* Production of Installation documentation
* Prototyping of server & desktop builds with HPSA integration
* Use of Configuration Management system to update and retrieve software and config data
* Team player but can also work unsupervised
* Strong diagnostic and logical fault-finding skills to a 4th line level
* Understating of network protocols (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, TCP etc..) and associated technologies (e.g. AD, GPO's, SSL)
* Understanding of MetaData and how servers are automated in an enterprise.
* Virtual infrastructure skills, administration for templates, clones and virtual disks.