£40 - £45 per hour + Inside IR35
13 days ago
6 months +
+ On site in Preston
+ Shift Work
+ 6 months +
+SC cleared role
+ £40 - £45 ph
*IT Helpdesk manager experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a IT Service Delivery team based in a Command Centre in Preston delivering managed service solutions using the command, control, co-ordination and communication principles. The successful candidate will lead day to day ITIL Process Governance including but not limited to Events, Major Incident, Incident, Change and Problem and will have functional responsibility to manage a team of Support Analysts.
This role operates in 24x7 environment, covering 12 hour shifts of days and nights. Full details of this pattern will be discussed at interview.
Because of the nature of support the ideal candidate will need to be SC security cleared or able to obtain it. British nationals only.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be central to leadership for day to day management of services
- Initial management escalation point for all support groups within the Command Centre
- Manage ServiceNow Major Incident tickets by priority and workload to ensure contract SLA's are met, tickets updated and customers informed of progress
- Manage a team of Support Analysts who will be monitoring, alerting & reporting on servers
- Lead the creation of product support lifecycles resulting in forward schedule of change for supported applications
- Facilitate Continuous Service Improvement in line with the business strategy
- Provide Management reporting for internal and customer stakeholders
- Support the Major Incident Management team by leading the technical support group
- Facilitate end to end recovery
- Provide input to daily, weekly, and monthly service review
- Monitoring Tools (Nagios, Smarts)
- Ticketing Tools - ServiceNow ideally but not critical
- VMware vCenter
- Windows Server
- Windows Desktop
- ITIL (v3 &/or v4)
The roles are for 24x7, covering 12 hours shifts of days and nights
If you would like to discuss the Shift Commander role in more detail, please send your updated CV to email@example.com and I will get in touch.