Based in West Sussex
In the position of Software Developer the individual will join the AQWA development contributing to the state of art software for the hydrodynamic analysis of the marine and offshore structure systems.
* Build a solid understanding of the code and the team's software development processes.
* Performs moderately complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities which may require some research.
* Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
* Diagnose and fix code problems.
* Communicate clearly and work closely with technical leads and other software developers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
* Prepares technical documentation of the new development.
* Research new technology or development tools for software interface and hydrodynamic analysis areas.
* Provides support to technical services and clients as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* PhD or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science or related field.
* Two years' experience in C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language.
* Experience working with a version control system for code management, such as Git.
* Relevant experience of at least 2 complete life cycles of a complex development project, or equivalent work experience on an extended research project.
* Good technical knowledge of relevant engineering simulation and software, software development methodologies, design and implementation.
* Good skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
* Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging.
* Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
* Good understanding of entire development process, including design specification, implementation, test case creation, documentation and quality assurance.
* Good communications and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstration skills in the following areas are a plus
Experience with the Python programming language, experience in the software development with Visual Studio, Intel Fortran, TFS.
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'